Saturday, August 23, 2014

Release Date 8/19/2014

I haven't been this lazy, I actually did a bit of paddling in between posts, but didn't get around to releasing a message...

I went out to do a short trip after cutting out of work early. I was delayed a bit so it wasn't much of a trip, just a few hours. The most notable thing was getting to the water in 45 minutes from my house. Apparently everyone is on vacation and the streets were clear at 4:00PM. Its been a little while since I paddled alone and it was nice to set my own pace.

I practiced a few rolls and getting in and out of the boat. My boat is tippy and I'm not so good at the cowboy rescue any more. I have to practice the re-entry and roll since that is the only good rescue mechanism for really bad conditions. I did not attempt that since it was late and getting chilly.

I went over to deadhorse bay to see the trash piles and excavations. There is no good beach glass, but a lot of old bottles and things, many of which are whole. the shoreline is eroding, and its clear the area was a dump at some point. The time to go is probably after the next big storm. I did find a cool old bottle which I kept.




Truth: One generation's trash is another generation's antiques.

No comments: